Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Grand Detour Art Festival - Sunday - Sept 7


Above...Betty Adams is informing visitors of ART ON THE HILL...a gala charity auction at Pine Hill B&B today benefiting Rock River Center....I donated a PMC pendant and will drop by later today.

What a gorgeous day...70 degrees and a beautiful breeze and of course...one of the best shows around....I rank it up there with the Stockholm Art Festival I used to do every July....What an opportunity to not only see the finest art around...but visit with our many "artist friends"
Kim and Bob Logsdon...Bob and Colleen are heading West and I cannot wait to see the fabulous photographic artwork he returns with...by the way....
I spoke to Colleen Logsdon and she wants to take a PMC Silver Class from me...anyone interested???? I am going to set up something with Bonnie Kime at the Next Picture Show for either October of November
...Let me know if there is an interest OKAY???


Shirley Guay & Rosalie Koldan This was Shirley Guay's first time at the Grand Detour Art Festival and she won BEST OF SHOW! Congrats!!!!!
Bonnie Kime from the Next Picture Show was hard at work with the Youth Exhibitions. and Chuck Phillips from Sauk Valley Bank...

1 comment:

sunnyday7 said...

At the 2008 festival, there was a gentleman who had a booth near the kettle corn stand. The gentleman had handmade wooden boxes that had a secret compartment. I had a card but don't know what I did with it. I want to purchase one of the boxes. If anyone can tell me how to get in touch with the man, I would appreciate it. JM