Monday, August 3, 2009

Farms & Barns Exhibition


The Farms and Barns Exhibition opening night was Friday evening at the Next Picture Show Gallery in Dixon IL.....Rather than jewelry (I had not created anything resembling a barn...although come to think of it....a corn husk in silver would be pretty cool)

...I had two of my photographs entered....16 x 20's on canvas....I love old barns and fields and always have my camera tucked away. We walked in an hour late as they were making their announcements...and lo and behold.

I received honorable mention for the photo above...named CORN SILK BLUES


I was stunned...as I was in the company of my many friends/artists....whom I admire so very much...Friend Jan Harvey's oil of a lush countryside took first place and just to be in the fine company of Bob Logsdon, Jan, Bev Garcia, Fred Bushnell, Rick Munson, Jane Cress Edgar and many more...well I was glowing!

No comments: